THE ENDOWMENT OF WORLDLY GOODS


Clients invariably bemoan the fact that upon divorce the spoils of their years of labour must be divided equally with their spouse.

Marriage of course is a relationship where assets and possessions are shared. I was reminded of this tonight when I was unable to access my computer because Apprentice Man had coursework to complete before tomorrow’s deadline. Then I discovered that I couldn’t make a telephone call because Little Girl decided to chat to a friend for half an hour. Further, just when I thought I’d console myself with one of those chocolates friends gave me for my birthday, I discovered Outdoor Man had been helping himself! His justification? “Didn’t you promise that with all your worldly goods I thee endow?”

At least on divorce he’d only get half, not the whole box!

Comments

Popular Posts