END OF AN ERA




After 28 years and 4 months, it’s time to call it a day and I’m retiring as a partner in Latimer Hinks. I’ve always been sceptical about those who withdraw from public life on the basis they want to spend more time with their families. Now I’m of that age where I suddenly understand what they mean.

A business partnership is often described as a marriage in which you are tied together in a common purpose, through good and bad times. If that description is accurate then it must mean that I have been going through some kind of divorce, albeit amicably. In my case, however, I have 7 spouses. Imagine that, especially in a country that frowns on polygamy!


My thanks to all my colleagues at Latimer Hinks who have been working hard to make the last few weeks as easy as they could and also for their best wishes and support over the years.


So am I really going to spend all my leisure time with my family? After all Outdoor Man has recently qualified for his free bus pass, so just think of all the exciting jaunts we could go on together. Check back here in early May to see what Judith does next.

Comments

John Bolch said…
So that's what the countdown was about! I wish you a long and happy retirement.
Marilyn stowe said…
Very best wishes Judith.
I've enjoyed reading your blog, and long may you continue.
Regards
Marilyn
Tyke said…
Kind regards & best wishes for the future! J.
Eve99 said…
Well I can only agree that this can be the same with divorce. Only the difference is that you still get along well with your partner, or in your case, partners. For what I have noticed, mostly divorced couples share animosity after the process. As for you, you now get to spend your time with your family but for a divorced person, it is a phase of not being with the family in some cases. And this is a start of a new journey of finding happiness and fulfillment with another person.
Congratulations, Judith! Many blessings to you on your continued journey.

I am currently moving through a divorce and blogging about it. It is a joy to read an another uplifting blog...
Michael said…
Enjoy your retirement! :-)
Judith said…
Thank you all for your good wishes. The changes are going to feel very strange at first.
Linda Bertrand said…
There is also a funny article on what can grandparents do, visit http://parentesource.com/2011/02/07/new-year-resolution-for-grandparents-get-social-media-ized/
A business partnership is a lot like a marriage. Glad to see your divorce was amicable :)
Sounds like an amicable dissolution...go get em Judith!

Popular Posts