NEW YORK - A CITY OF DIVORCE

I have just got back from a brief sojourn in the USA. New York is such a diverse city that it must hold something for everybody. In my case you will not be surprised to learn that I discovered it to be a city of divorce.

Immediately I got into a cab at JFK airport I was greeted by a video screen on the back of the driver’s seat in front of me. A comedy show was playing but across the bottom news items were scrolling. So it was that I had hardly set foot on American soil before I read: “Judge will hear arguments in Dennis Hopper’s divorce case.”

The next day, whilst walking through Central Park I couldn’t help overhearing a conversation; “Single, divorced, whatever,” it went.


From one of those open topped tourist buses which had stopped near City Hall, I heard the guide announce: “And in that building you can get married and conveniently divorced too!”


Then at the next table in an Italian restaurant on 46th Street, a new divorcee was given this advice: “Remember in New York you must not date cheap.”


Finally reading the headlines of the newspaper held by the passenger on the subway opposite me, I saw: “Ex wants a cut, but she won’t get my billions.”


I confess I loved New York.


Comments

Len said…
Wow! That's a great one there...
Now a days divorce is not that big deal anymore unlike before.
But having a divorce should run through a nice and legal method.
But like what I've said, this is a new time... Buildings, computers, etc... Even in divorce there's Online PA Divorce
.Divorce made easy in a city of divorce. =)

Panjlawyer
Nice information and the new matrimonial laws in NY also revised the process for awards of temporary maintenance while a divorce in New York is pending. This revision includes a formula and list of factors for such awards, which would allow for a speedy resolution of the maintenance issue, and prevent less well-off spouses in divorce proceedings in New York from falling into poverty during litigation.

Popular Posts