TRAGEDY OF ROMANCE


I’ve received an e-mail from the theatre. “The snow must go on,” it said. And on and on and on. Yes it’s now Day 11 and I’m heartily sick. The last production Little Girl and I saw at the theatre was “Romeo and Juliet” by the RSC. Little Girl rather thought that went on too but I suspect she has inherited from Outdoor Man some non-dramatic genes and a dislike of seating, fixed in narrow rows.

A classic love story ruined by warring families. “Never was a story of more woe / Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.” It certainly puts the work I do into perspective but it is only fiction, whilst relationship problems resulting in divorce are reality.

Comments

Tulsa Divorce said…
Extended family often does play a role in marriage. I've always been told that when you marry, be mindful that you're not just marrying your spouse, you're marrying your spouse and your spouse's family.
Jade said…
I'm glad you wrote this post, as it gave me another view point that sometimes extended type of family would really help a couple to get divorce because of some circumstances that they don't agree in their home.

Popular Posts