MORNING HAS BROKEN


Today I want to pay tribute to a brilliant lady, Pauline. She was my secretary and we worked together for over 14 years until her retirement on health grounds at the beginning of last year. When she left, it really was like losing my right arm and half my brain too. For so long I relied on her powers of telepathy, it was as though she could read my mind and it was amazing how many bits of paper she could always find in my in-tray when I had searched fruitlessly for what seemed like hours. She knew exactly what was happening on every file and regularly spoke to clients on my behalf, updating them and offering empathy and kindness. Her humour was superb and we started most days with a laugh. It was her funeral today. Pauline, rest in peace; you deserve it.

Comments

Popular Posts