Tuesday, 30 September 2008

CARNIVORES


Amongst the tributes paid this week to the late Paul Newman, I heard that in talking about his longstanding and devoted relationship with his wife, he was known to have expressed the view that there is no point going out for a hamburger when you can stay in and have steak instead. I understand that he wasn’t actually talking about food either.

As a divorce lawyer I can certainly say that I deal daily in cases where clients have gone for the hamburger option instead. Whether they’re any happier as a result I don’t know, though I suspect the McDonald’s and Burger King Empires might be.

3 comments:

MichelleB said...

RIP Paul Newman! What's interesting about the hamburger point is, I just broke up with my fiance after I caught him cheating. I sold the engagement ring he gave me on http://www.idonowidont.com to get some closure. What really topped it off is when I celebrated the separation with my girlfriends at White Castle!

Divorce Attorneys Tulsa said...

Smart man...he new he had something (someone) special and he had cents enough to stay faithful

Divorce Attorneys Tulsa said...

Paul new he had a good thing going at home