On Display



The Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb will be exhibiting at London’s Southbank Centre this summer. A couple of years ago Apprentice Man (who really deserves a change of name now that he is grown up) inspired by what I can only assume was a morbid curiosity for my work, visited that museum whilst travelling around Croatia.

He showed me the photographs afterwards. I recall that there was the axe which had belonged to  the jilted guy who chopped his ex’s furniture into little pieces when she took off on  holiday with her lesbian lover. There was also the wing mirror of the car smashed by a woman who had found it parked outside an unknown address by her two-timing husband.

Now you can have the opportunity not only to marvel over such artefacts but also to donate them. The Southbank Centre is inviting gifts of items from past relationships to coincide with its Festival of Love and the exhibition by the Croatian museum.


Comments

Shabir said…
Wow, "The Museum of Broken Relationships". They really do have a museum for everything now.

This one sounds like an interesting one though. Will check it out in the Summer.
Thanks for posting.
Ben Adams said…
I have just stumbled across your blog. I laughed out loud at parts of it! Thanks for making me smile.
Ben Adams
Judith said…
I'm a firm believer that a good giggle always make me feel better

Popular Posts